Saturday 19 February 2011

Fashion Avenue morphs into Muscle Beach

Bursting with enthusiasm to get my new blog started I bounced out of bed early (10am) to make the most of the 30-degrees day and an ocean water temperature of 24-degrees.

First, I headed for the Fashion Avenue Warehouse in Jacques Avenue. I'd been there several times before and drooled over the cotton shirts, the dresses, the bus roll canvases, the jewelry, the paintings, the antique tea chests and just knew it was the perfect place to show I'm up-to-the-minute on everything happening in Bondi.



From its Facebook page: Started by Bondi locals, Marc and Paul Dias the focus is to promote the best designers and emerging talent from the east. They have transformed the former run down warehouse to a decadent, luxurious setting with props and set pieces from the Baz Lurhmann lavish musical Moulin Rouge complete with red carpet. The retail space resembles the piazzas of Europe with a row of Vespas from Gasoline Scooters at the entrance. Each stall is uniquely dressed to pay homage to the designers inspiration such as a Parisian salon for Lulu Loves Paris and a Roman art gallery for danYelle Shoes.
"What happened to all the cool stuff" I ask, looking around at the desolate warehouse, not a Vespa in sight.
"We’re turning the place into a gym," was the cheerful reply.

In a daze I drift towards the last remaining merchandise. A rack of eco-friendly bags with the logo: “I Love Bondi” Some of them even had “I Love Surry Hills” but it was like there was only me and that one bag in the entire space. Selling for $39, they are designed by Michelle Caley.

I’m taking it as serendipity that the very day I registered my blogger domain I found a bag to carry my convictions around in. And ignoring the fact that the subject of my first post is being turned into an indoor Muscle Beach.


1 comment:

  1. I have read Your blog that you write on the bondi gym . it good and infomatic to me as well as for other god Job keep it up .

    ReplyDelete